- The Your Choice website (your–choice.net.au) will function as a resource platform for venues, artists, festivals and other industry bodies to share information on policy, service providers, and ideas regarding safety and best practice.
- A place for conversation, education, debate and interaction between industry and policy makers. An exchange platform of what is working and ways we can all benefit from new ideas.
- Your Choice invites everyone to implement the Your Choice House Rules and YourChoice logo across their website, social media platforms, festival and event sites, marketing collateral and venues as a reminder to every one of the expected and accepted behaviour in their environment.
- Your Choice will work alongside promoters, venues and industry to promote their current strategies and new ideas, and if requested, help push those ideas out to a national audience.
- Your Choice will continue to talk openly and honestly with the public about the impact of individual’s choices, and encourage people to think before they act.
Your Choice is about being culturally proactive, we don’t want to stick our heads in the sand around any of these issues and pretend they’re not happening. As industry representatives, we will continue to work with the public, emergency services, community groups and government agencies to develop informed and preventative strategies rather than legislative, restrictive solutions.
We want to get the message out that as an industry we take this responsibility seriously and are working hard to ensure patron safety is paramount. But the reality is that we can only do so much, we need the help of our patrons as well.