Caligula’s Horse release their new album today, entitled Bloom. The band shared some pertinent information about individual band members. Let’s see how many snippets of information you recognise…
- The most important one to remember is that Dave Cooper, our bassist, ran for Lord Mayor of Brisbane once as an independent. That excites the hell out of me because as our city approaches its hour of need, we can all turn to Dave. I see Dave as the hero that Brisbane deserves. In all seriousness though, it sort of sums up Dave to a tee, because Dave never half does anything. He doesn’t have the self-doubt that a lot of the rest of us a crippled with. Dave just sees what needs to be done and goes and does it. So kudos to Lord Mayor Dave for that one.
- Sam is currently a PhD candidate in music. He’s doing his PhD on the codification of progressive rock music. It’s cool to just pick his brain on it now on planes because he’s just the most well read person about prog that I know. When we’re on tour and I sit next to Sam I poke his ear and I stop him from doing anything productive and make him talk to me.
- Zac is doing his honours thesis at the moment as well. He’s writing an honours dissertation on Tool, for which he apologises.
- Jim is studying ancient history (I’m very passionate about ancient Rome) and classical languages, including Classical Latin and Ancient Greek. I enjoy incorporating subtle references to that into lyrics.
- Geoff, apart from music, likes to run. He’s also into sports, videogames and cars. As long as he’s participating rather than spectating.
Bloom is out today via InsideOut Music.