Last week (Wednesday, January 18th), “The Hall of Heavy Metal History” inducted Metal Blade Records for the label’s 35th anniversary.
The all-star ceremony was hosted by television and radio legend Eddie Trunk and included performances by the Dio Disciples (with Craig Goldy, Simon Wright, Scott Warren, Bjorn Englen, Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens, and Joe Retta), Ross “The Boss” (with iconic guitarist Ross ‘The Boss’ Friedman, Rhino, vocalist Marc Lopes, and Mike LePond), among others – plus, a special appearance by Slayer’s Kerry King, who presented Metal Blade Records CEO/founder Brian Slagel with the award.
Brian Slagel comments: “We are totally honored to be inducted into such a great organization. I am awestruck at the names that stand beside us, and so thankful for everyone who has helped us along the way. Huge thanks to all at the ‘Hall of Heavy Metal History’ for this great honor.”
The complete list of 2017 “Hall of Heavy Metal History” inductees:
- Ronnie James Dio, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio
- Metal Blade Records
- Rainbow Bar and Grill
- Lemmy Kilmister, MotorHead
- Ross “The Boss” Friedman, formerly of Manowar
- Rudy Sarzo, formerly of Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake
- Frankie Banali, of Quiet Riot (along with a special 33rd-anniversary induction of Quiet Riot, as the first band to achieve the #1 heavy metal album status)
- Vinny Appice, formerly of Black Sabbath and Dio
- Don Airey of Deep Purple
- Andy Zildjian, President/CEO of Sabian Cymbals
- Randy Rhoads, Ozzy Osbourne