Andrew McManus, the Australian promoter for the upcoming Def Leppard/LIVE tour, has had a statement issued on his behalf in relation to the recent charges brought against him, which you can read here.
Following is the statement, including confirmation that the Def Leppard/LIVE Australian tour will go ahead.
- Andrew McManus will strenuously defend the charges that have been brought against him.
- Contrary to some media reports, the police have not alleged that Mr McManus has been involved in any drug syndicate, drug importation or money laundering.
- Contrary to some media reports, Mr McManus was never a party to any proceedings in the Supreme Court nor has the Supreme Court ruled against him in relation to this matter.
- Contrary to some media reports, Mr McManus has never been the subject of any extradition application nor is there any basis to suggest that he will be in the future.
- Mr McManus has been cooperative with the police at all times in relation to this matter. He had previously agreed with the police that, should they wish to arrest and charge him, this would be done with notice and by appointment.
- The Def Leppard / LIVE tour is not in jeopardy and will still go ahead in November, 2015.
*Photo courtesy of LinkedIn